Plank Industries is recruiting summer interns for the Baltimore Water Taxi’s first ever sales and marketing 'field team.' It will be a really amazing opportunity for a young person who's interested in entrepreneurship to get tossed in the fire and learn all aspects of sales, marketing, customer service, user surveying, etc. These students will receive real responsibility and will help us craft the program for years to come.
Looking for a total of 8 interns, and the work is paid.
This is the opposite of a boring desk job. If you want to get out of the office, be creative and try new ideas, have real responsibility and hard goals, and help craft our sales and marketing strategies, this is the job for you. Perfect for an ambitious self-starter who wants to learn the skills to grow their own business one day.
Who You Are
• An outgoing people-person
• Comfortable getting up in front of people and entertaining
• A clear, engaging communicator in person, over the phone, and in email
• Competitive and motivated by a challenge
• Creative - you love trying new things even if you aren’t positive they’ll work
• Interested in sales and marketing and learning how to build a business
• A content creator or amateur photographer who loves social media
• Available on weekends, evenings, and holidays as necessary
What You Will Do
• Represent the Water Taxi brand and mission
• Perform grassroots sales activities, including but not limited to:
o Dock sales at high traffic stops o Neighborhood canvassing campaigns,
o Representing BWT at festivals and events,
o Outreach to local hotels, businesses, apartments
• Churn out creative photo and video content for social media and website
• Assist with customer support, surveying, and observation to inform our user experience research
• Take part in weekly feedback and brainstorming sessions
• Attend professional trainings in sales, marketing, and other critical business skills
How to Apply To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and a paragraph description about why you would be a good fit for the program.